I Vesterveg, 2008-2011
This project linked eight artists with museums in Shetland, Iceland, Faroe and Norway through a series of research visits and a touring exhibition to five countries. It was conceived and curated by Málfríður Aðalsteinsdóttir. Participating artists included Johannes Vemren Rygh (Norway); Elise-Ann Hochlin (Norway); Málfríður Aðalsteinsdóttir (Iceland); Kristín Reynisdóttir (Iceland;) Guðjón Ketilsson (Iceland); Roxane Permar (Shetland); Barbara Ridland (Shetland). A publication was and produced and is available here.
• Permanenten Vestlandske Kunstindustrimuseum (Museum of Applied Art(,) Bergen, 20/02/2010 to 11/04/2010;
• Nordic House, Torshavn, Faroe from 01/05/2010 to 28/05/2010
• Nordatlantens Brygge, Copenhagen, 05/08/2010 - 30/08/2010
• The Shetland Museum and Archives from 27/11/10 – 03/01/2011
• Nordic House, Reykjavik, Iceland from 12/02/2011 - 1203/2011.
I produced a series of 'slow films', titled Imprints, i, ii, iii. 2010. Each digital video was one hour long. 01:00:00 produced as the outcome of an international research project, I include stills from the films here. The films were played as a loop on a solid state dvd video display.
Download the catalogue